Thursday, June 16, 2011

Packing out. Last minute panic.

Today Kent called me from school to say that we needed to turn in a form for immigration- 4 very small pieces of paper that we got at immigration nearly a year ago.  They've been living in our passports, securely kept in place by way of an elastic band. Yep. I knew I was sunk. Sunk. I know I lost the thing. For sure I did. I had it in my passport for most of the time, but the last time I travelled I noticed that it wasn't there. Not sure where it got lost, probably from being moved several times over the past 12 months. The elastic broke on about week number 3 when I was still carrying my passport everywhere. It was only a matter of time before it got lost.  I hadn't really thought too much of it- we have these official resident visas stuck on one page of the passport with picture and official seal and signature. I thought that these other things we kind of like the receipt or something. I thought they just stuck them in each passport with the rubber band to organize it.  But no.  Capital "I" Important apparently.

Kent said he couldn't sign out without turning them in. Said he wouldn't get paid if we didn't have them. All of them.  Ugh. I definitely DON'T have it. I tore apart the house. No ridiculously small, easy to miss, piece of anonymous white paper anywhere..... Have I said UGH yet?

All day I've been sick to my stomach, thinking about how I'm going to fix this mess. Kent just called. Said "Don't worry; it's fine." That check list is old and out of date; we don't need those pieces of paper.

Everything is fine.
Except for my mental health, which is shot to hell. I think I have PTSD from the Littering Incident.

No comments: