Thursday, September 30, 2010

Toast 4 ways

This is the new breakfast here in Nagykovácsi.
It's called Toast 4 Ways- Nutella, Cream Cheese, Jam and Butter and Cinnamon Sugar.



Really a horribly unhealthy breakfast, but a new fad in our house. We are stymied here- there is no good cereal. I'm hating all of it-- all the kids cereal is total sugar, and all the "adult" cereal too, which has weird names like Fitness Flakes, but is chocolate coated. We have settled in Fruit Fitness Flakes or Bran Flakes Optimum, Fruit and Nuts- both of which are pretty bad.



There are also about 12 kinds of muesli- which is all HORRIBLE here- uncooked oats and dried banana chips or chocolate chips. Weird. What I wouldn't give for a box of Grapenuts! (Don't be a hater- Jack is craving them as well.)  Gretchen brought a bag of her home made granola when she came to Vienna and I'm rationing it like the contraband it is... Cooked oats, cranberries, pecans. It's not so hard folks-- make some good cereal. I haven't found plain uncooked oats- will start making my own soon I think.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Feeling a little guilty about the Grape Nuts I eat with my oatmeal for breakfast and with my yogurt at lunch time, let alone the 4 boxes of cereal I bought yesterday for my nieces' visit tonight. When you get back, either forever or in December,let's have a big GOOD CEREAL party.

I am so very proud of you, honey. xoxo

Baliwishing said...

Thank you for supporting Kellogg's!